Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Loading...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Browsers

One of the often heard recommendations for bloggers is to test out their blog, how it looks and functions on other browsers.  Well, back when I used a PC desktop, I used mainly Netscape (Mozzilla) then I went to Mac so really liked the clean functioning of Safari.  Once again I find myself between the Windows and Mac debate when it comes to browsers.  I use an iMac (dual core) desktop at home, but when traveling I use an iPad and Toshiba laptop.  So I am still very actively using both Windows and Mac.  The only thing for certain is I do not trust Internet Explorer, period.  I really liked Google Chrome until I caught it turning off part of my Norton security.  There is no way a browser should ever do this with out your permission!  That means Chrome is history. 

When I first started blogging I had three browsers to check how my blogs looked.  Now, there is the concern how it looks on mobile but really when using Blogger, I have very seldom had a problem with my blogs displaying properly using any browser including mobile.  I honestly don't know if it is still the problem it once was or if the industry has solved that issued.  I do know there is no longer a need to have three or more browsers on your computer simply to test your blog.  Still it is not a bad idea to check out how your blog looks and functions on mobile devices even though Blogger has made this rather seamless as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.