Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Loading...

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Beneficial Spam

I'm not a huge fan of spam of any kind.  With respect to blogging, spam is usually comment spam or some type of solicitation like trying to get me to blog about whatever they are selling, selling being them wanting me to blog about their latest, greatest topic or promote them in some fashion.  Well, yesterday I received a rather interesting piece of spam.  This spam 'technically' was an offer for me to join their services to gain organic traffic to one of my blogs.  In this case, it was a simple piece of spam surprisingly addressed to my blog team that ended up turning out to be rather informative.  What they did is include five points that they felt my blog was lacking that was affecting the organic traffic I was receiving from search engines.  I don't know if they actually analyzed my blog or it was just a generic five points that would be applicable to most blogs. 

Some of the major factors which can be overcome for your website to rank well in SERP organically and increase your social media presence are:
1.       Seems like your website carries a lot of technical errors which prevents search engine to crawl and index your website properly.
2.       Your website needs a proper keyword selection and optimization.
3.       Your website is not well furnished with enough quality and theme based back links.
4.       Your website should be more inclined towards Social media promotion and a regular updates in major social networks.
5.       Missing quality web and promotion contents (Article, Blogs etc.) which is preventing your website to gain more authority and ranking in Web Market.
The five points were gave me a something to ponder.  I'm not sure what the technical errors are as I have meta tags and Blogger is rather good at providing the necessary ground work to allow search engines to crawl and index blogs within their system.  Keywords are based on the content of each blog post and while I do pay attention to keywords, I don't write blog posts around keywords.  Rather, I use keywords naturally as I would in discussing that topic.  The quality and theme based back links may be something to work on.  However, back links are not something I tend to solicit.  I let them happen naturally.  Occasionally I leave a link back one of my blogs when commenting but even that is almost a waste of time since many bloggers have these types of links set to rel='no follow'.  Most of the back links I get to my blogs is from other bloggers liking what they have read enough to share with their readers.  I have social media buttons on my blog and promote them on social media as well so without spamming via social media I can't really do much more.  The last point is just a bit insulting because let's face it any blogger who is trying to make it in the blogosphere including myself is writing what they consider quality content.  Furthermore, I include quality content such as quotes and other interesting tidbits.

In all, this was likely a generic list aimed to get me to sign up to their services and part with a bit of hard earned cash.  Well, their marketing ploy didn't work but it did get me thinking a bit.  As always, there is room for improvement in my blogging so perhaps it's  time to formulate a new strategy and try a few new things.  After all, becoming stagnant in the world of blogging is never good!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.