Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Loading...

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Regularly Featured Posts

Shortly after starting my blogs, I began running regularly featured posts (eg. Wordless Wednesday, Blog Your Blessings Sunday, Frugal Kitchens 101, Kitchen Quick Tips).  These posts are scheduled to run on the same day of the week, each week.  For example, Wordless Wednesday appears each Wednesday on my personal blog.  Both Wordless Wednesday and Blog Your Blessings Sunday were regularly featured posts started by other bloggers and at one time bloggers participating would visit others to see their posts.  I started the Frugal Kitchens 101 and Kitchen Quick Tips as two regularly featured posts unique to my cooking blog. 

To me, regularly featured posts make a lot of sense.  If you notice most magazines and newspapers have regularly appearing articles or columns in each publication (eg. editorial, letters to the editor, lifestyle, and etc).  Quite often a reader will buy a magazine or newspaper just for that particular article or knowing that feature will appear each week, can make them a loyal reader.  So it is with blogging.  I know some of my readers only visit on the days they know a particular featured post is scheduled but other readers went from visiting only on those days to becoming daily or almost daily readers.  Using regularly featured posts can, in my experience, increase the number of subscribers to your blog.

The biggest thing I have found with regularly featured posts is readers expect them.  So if they come to my cooking blog on Monday they know the topic will be Frugal Kitchens 101 - [sub-topic].  I have a FYI section before the posts so make any special announcements there.  This is where I announced the begining of this particular regularly featured post.  I've been doing the Frugal Kitchens 101 posts for quite some time every Monday so now I want to inject a bit of freshness into that particular blog by reducing the Frugal Kitchen 101 posts to run only on the first Monday of each month and introduce one, possibly two new regularly featured posts.  I will make the appropriate announcement in the FYI section.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.