Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I Got Paid!!!

When I first started blogging in 2006, I had no aspirations of monetizing my blogs.  That changed and by 2010 when we bought our vacation home, I was making a small but steady income from them.  By small, I mean enough to pay for internet access at both homes, blog advertising and have a little left over to treat myself usually on eBay.  Well, the blog advertising networks closed cutting dramatically into my blog earnings but I still have a small income from them.

December was a nice month.  I got paid from Lijit, Epions, and Adsense!  Quite frankly, all the payments came as a surprise because they only pay out after reaching the minimum payout amount.  Adsense has the highest minimum payout at $100.  I also earn a pittance through Project Wonderful but they charge $1 per withdrawal after reaching the minimum so I have been leaving the funds there to use for advertising.

In 2010, I had hoped to create a steady income from my blogs but the hopes of that somewhat dwindled over the past couple of years.  Now I'm reconsidering the earning potential of my blogs.  While earning a bit of income from my blogs is not a high priority for me, it might just be the incentive needed to get my blogging mojo back.  Something else for me to ponder...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.