Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Image Uploading Problem in Blogger

I converted to using a graphic for my post signature.  I change the graphic each new year to update the copyright.  This year I ran into a problem with Blogger changing images with white or light backgrounds to grey.  'Twas most annoying!  At first I thought Blogger was doing some tweaking but towards the evening after trying several times, I checked Blogger help.  Apparently Blogger introduced an auto-enhance feature for photos uploaded that does not play nicely with white, light or transparent backgrounds.  According to the source this can be remedied by going to https://www.google.com/settings/plus and toggling off auto-enhance.  I followed the link and as a heavy user of Google products including Blogger, expected no problems.  Wrong!  I clicked the link and it took me to my profile however there was no auto-enhance feature to be found anywhere.  Perhaps the reason is I haven't connected to Google+ but I'm not sure as I do appear to have a profile.  The last time I checked Google+ it appeared making your actual name public was a must and since I write under a pseudonym I didn't check into it further.  Besides Google+ doesn't look as if it will give me anything more over Facebook.  Anyway, since the first solution did not work I fell back to another work-around.  I uploaded the graphics to Photobucket then copied the links to my blogs' templates to update instead.  It worked like a charm but hopefully I can figure out how to get that auto-enhance feature changed.  I don't see a way to turn it off in Blogger or Picasa either.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.