Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Disabling Comments on One Post

Yesterday, I wrote about the amount of comment spam one particular post on one of my blogs was drawing.  Considering it is a post for the Technorati code only there is nothing of any interest for any reader so no reason for comments.  I opened my mailbox this morning to discover several more pieces of this type of spam.  The good news is because of comment moderation the spam never sees light of day but by now even deleting the spam from my mailbox is getting annoying.  So, I went to that blog's posts and pulled up the post, clicked edit then in the right side bar, clicked on options and turned off comments then hit update for the change to go into effect.  Essentially what this does is prevent the spammer (more likely spam bot) from leaving a comment on that post without affecting other posts.  Problem solved!

Turning off comments can be done prior to the post going live or anytime after the post has been published.  This handy little feature is something I haven't used enough but in all honesty until this past couple of weeks, really did not have a big need for it.  However, there are some posts that may be best with comments disabled if they have the potential to draw a lot of negative or spam comments.  I don't have many posts across my blogs that fall into that category but it is something to keep in mind.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.