Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Getting Back to My Blogging Roots

Somewhere along the line, blogging became a chore, no longer fun.  I was constantly trying to write good content but focusing less on me, the blogger and more on driving traffic to my blogs.  In hindsight I lost the joy and excitement of blogging.  It's a lot of work trying to drive traffic to advertising that is at best going to pay pennies.  Don't get me wrong as I was earning a nice income for a couple of years blogging but the blogging community has changed.  Those who were blogging as a secondary income have moved on to greener pastures leaving two main categories of bloggers, personal and business.  I'm considered a personal blogger because none of my blogs are associated with a business.  I run a few ads on my blogs but quite frankly, that may be changing soon.  I want to get back to the thrill of blogging simply for the creative outlet it offers.  This will be the direction my blogs will be taking, blogging when I can and for the sheer joy of blogging!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.