Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Monday, January 5, 2015

The Old Comment Debate

Even though I took a blogging hiatus, I have still been micro-blogging.  Twitter is my favourite social media outlet!  A few days ago, one of my peeps tweeted that they had disabled comments on their blog.  The reasoning was rather valid in that blogging has changed.  At one time, comments were a must in order to build blog traffic and retain readership.  With that came comment spam and trolls to downright nastiness including online stalking.  There were two work arounds to this this problems.  Either disable comments or use comment moderation.  I chose comment moderation.  I'm the only one who sees any spam or trolling and while both can make for an unpleasant moment or two, I treat them accordingly and move on.  On a positive note, I have established a nice relationship with some of my readers by allowing comments. I'm not writing business or professional blogs and am moving closer to not monetizing them at all so for me the comments are simply a nice way to connect with my readers. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.