Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Friday, January 16, 2015

Using Dictation to Blog

I recently wrote about using Blogger mobile so this time I'm trying out dictating a blog post using Siri on Blogger mobile.  There's a few pros and cons to using Siri as far as I can see but it is a good start for writing a blog post when you're thinking of something to write about and really just don't know where to start.  You simply start talking about your topic of choice then edit from there.   You have to go back and correct any spelling and grammatical errors as well as add in punctuation and capitalization.  Customizing text with bold or italics can also be added later.  However, you can write the basics of a fairly extensive blog post quickly simply by just dictating.


Using dictation (eg. Siri) to write a blog post is something new to me.  I think it's going to be something that I like using for basic posts and creating a framework that can be extended later in the website editor. It will be  particularly useful for those times when I have a great idea on the tip of your tongue that I forget to write down or because it's inconvenient to write down at that time. This way I can get the idea down in in writing and then expand from there.  I think dictation will prove to be a valuable blogging tool for me!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.