Welcome to The Blog Report

I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you find this blog an interesting read. I've been blogging since April of 2006, currently the author of six public and two private blogs. In the beginning I knew absolutely nothing about blogging. Over the years through trial and error, frustration and elation, and a few tears I've learned a lot. However, the learning process when it comes to blogging continues to evolve. Here you will find a hodge podge of my blogging experiences, useful codes and how-tos, sprinkled liberally with my opinions. Enjoy!

Search this blog:

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Reviving My Blogs

Oh good gosh, where did 2015 go?  I've been blogging since 2006 and for most of that time, I was writing a daily blog post across all six of my blogs.  It helped that I was an active member of a few blogging networks.  Unfortunately, those networks have gone by the wayside.  There is little real blogging support out there which helped contribute to an extended blogger's block.  Even the bloggers who were members of the networks have moved on.  By the time 2015 arrived, life hit in full force.  Not that I hadn't blogged through moves, vacations and daily living before, it was more that my heart wasn't in it.  It wasn't that I decided to take a blogging hiatus either.  I simply stopped blogging.  Once in awhile I would publish a post but not consistently. 

My blogging hiatus has actually been a good thing.  I'm ready to get back blogging so it's time to revive my blogs.  I actually checked my blogs' stats today.  Surprisingly, they are still getting traffic and still getting the attention of the search engines.  It's not great traffic but for blogs, it's not bad traffic either.  This really underscores the importance of content.  All the years of blogging definitely helped during my hiatus.  For now, I'm just going to focus on content.  I'm not going to worry about anything else!  


1 comments:

Laura said...

I still check your sites from time to time. The networks may be gone but people (some of us anyway) are still here.

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment. It will appear once approved.